Wednesday 13 October 2010

Harry Potter Castle!


Hello again! 

Last weekend we went to go see the Alnwick Castle, one of the castles that Harry Potter got filmed at! It was gorgeous. Extremely big and quite lovely. I absolutely love Harry Potter, so this was really exciting for me :) I'm kind of a nerd in that way. There is just something so creative and imaginary about the books, I just love it.
There is a family that actually lives there between October and March, which I find very strange, because the rest of the months are just for tourists who walked around their house, while they go live somewhere else!

I think that only the first and second movies were filmed at this castle. They used I think four castles around the UK to film the movies, but the tour guide basically told us that almost everything in the movies are so computer generated anyways, that not much of the actual castle would even be recognized.
It was still so wonderful see, because of its massive size and beautiful structure. I absolutely love old buildings, just studying their architecture and gorgeous framework throughout the place. The inside was so elegant and majestic as well, I could have looked around for hours. I don't have any pictures of the inside though, since people still live there, it's forbidden to take pictures inside.

I took loads and loads of pictures, but I had to cut some of them out because a lot of them are just redundant anyways!

That is really all for now, I will have another post coming soon to talk about my trip to PARIS I went on last weekend! Which was amazing.

I hope everything is going well back home, and I will see you all soon enough when I cross the pond in December!

Thanks for checking up on me and my blog :-)



HARRY POTTER CASTLE!

This is where they filmed the first flying lessons ! 




Inside the courtyard
This is an amazing tree house that was close to the castle -- i want to live here someday! 




Friends!
Me




Percy Family Castle
:-)

The countryside of the Harry Potter Castle! So beautiful. These pictures don't show how pretty it really was in person

 They had random sheep all around -- that's what the white is!
Inside of the entrance

Me being random. 

Cute little boy acting as a knight. He was so adorable

More Random



Forbidden Forest! This didn't have anything to do with the movie, but it's still pretty sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Hope you are have a wonderful time

    Miss ya lots
    WW

    ReplyDelete